Nuclear Power Technology Program at the Bay City Campus
- Program started Fall 2007.
- Prepare for work in the power generation industry that will grow significantly in the next five years with impending retirements and the potential expansion of South Texas Nuclear Project.
- Two-year program leads to Associate of Applied Science degree in Nuclear Power Technology.
- Students obtaining the Process Technology degree can also enhance their degree with a Nuclear Certificate that will allow them to work in the nuclear power industry or the chemical industry.
- Visit WCJC’s Nuclear Power Technology web page and view the complement of course offerings that will prepare you for an exciting career in power generation.
Core and transferable course offerings available at Bay City campus include:
• English • Math • Chemistry • Computer Science
• History • Psychology • Sociology
• Computer Applications • Speech
Also available are Web-based distance learning courses. Check out the “Online Classes (WebCT)” links on our home page.
Wharton County Junior College knows an education is a life-long gift, so making learning opportunities easily accessible to Gulf Coast residents is a priority. That’s why the Bay City campus of Wharton County Junior College is so exciting.
This customized, 20,000-square-foot facility provides expanded course offerings and programs for area students and employers. Along with an outstanding process technology program, the Bay City campus of WCJC has added the following:
- Nuclear power technology program to meet the needs of Matagorda County’s growing power generation industry
- Two interactive television (ITV) labs that will link students at the Bay City campus with other WCJC campuses and instructors to further expand course offerings
The WCJC Bay City campus also includes two industrial labs dedicated to the process technology program and two labs dedicated to the nuclear power technology program. A state-of-the-art simulator lab serves students in all programs.
Wharton County Junior College is committed to meeting the growing educational needs of Bay City and Matagorda County. We invite you to visit our campus soon.
For more information, contact:
Director/Instructor, Nuclear Power Technology Program
Bay City Campus, BC-102
4000 Avenue F, Suite B
Bay City, Texas 77414
Phone: (979) 244-4666