POWER SET is a unique program for high school girls that provides the tools, academic support and mentoring needed to pursue educational and career opportunities related to STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
What do POWER SET participants do?
- Enjoy mentoring by industry professionals
- Visit local industry partners
- Participate in industry job shadowing
- Take part in professional development activities
- Visit universities and community colleges
- Participate in community service
- Hear from and meet guest speakers
- Have scholarship opportunities
- Give back – by mentoring middle school students
“This organization has helped us realize the opportunities available in the STEM fields and has helped us promote the coursework and activities students need to be involved with in order to be successful in these highly competitive STEM fields…. Having the students realize the level of achievement and behavior that the members of POWER SET have to reach helps us to encourage students to set high standards for themselves and makes them want to be successful.”
–Brian Brooks, Sweeny High School Principal