What is the Clean SMARTS Master Class?
The NPI “Clean SMARTS Master Class” is a FREE six-episode mini-series that gives you an opportunity to hear, learn, and be inspired by experts in the areas of Security, Manufacturing, Automation, Radiation science, Technology, and Success skills (SMARTS). These experts will share their knowledge and expertise, giving you an opportunity to acquire skills, up-skill, and even learn the importance of retraining in an age of constant change.
The NPI “Clean SMARTS Master Class” will provide opportunities for Texas High School students and educators to hear, learn, and be inspired by experts in the areas of Security, Manufacturing, Automation, Radioisotope production, Technology, and Success skills (SMARTS). These experts will share their knowledge, expertise, and opportunities with an audience eager to acquire skills, up-skill, and even learn the importance of retraining in an age of constant change. This master class will support the NPI Mission of developing the necessary workforce to sustain current, new, and emerging clean industries in Texas.
How do I participate?
- Register through the Cvent registration process to access the Clean SMARTS Master Class
- View all 6 episodes completely and earn a Clean SMARTS Certificate of Completion
- Create and submit a Clean SMARTS-inspired project into the Grand Finale Competition
- Apply to attend the Grand Finale in College Station
- Register for access on our Cvent registration page
- Click “Register Today” and complete the application process.
- You will receive an application confirmation email
Canvas Access Process:
- As soon as NPI accepts your application (usually within 24 hours), you will receive a second email from TEES EDGE with the Canvas program enrollment links.
- Click on any course link, this takes you our NPI Canvas site
- Click on “Enroll”
- The first course you enroll in will require you to fill out basic information (Name, Email, School). All of the other courses that you enroll in after this will automatically show up on your Canvas dashboard
- You will receive 2 emails from the Canvas Catalog
- One email says that you are enrolled in the course.
- The other email with the subject line “Please confirm your email” is the one you will use to set up your password “Complete Registration”
- Complete Registration
- Create a password (store this somewhere for safe keeping)
- Once created, it will take you to the course
- To see the complete list of NPI offerings, click on the NPI logo on the top left of the Canvas dashboard
- Then follow the instructions to enroll
- Details TBA
Chrisma Jackson – Cyber Security
Tailored Operational Support, Org. 5970 and Texas A&M Campus Executive, Proliferation Assessment, National Security Program and Sandia National Laboratories
Rob Gorham – Manufacturing
Executive Director of Manufacturing Initiatives, SecureAmerica Institute
Commissioner Aaron Demerson – Automation
Commissioner Representing Employers, Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)
Sean McDeavitt, Ph.D. – Radioisotope Production
Director, TEES Nuclear Engineering & Science Center (NESC)
Director, TEES Nuclear Power Institute (NPI)
Principal Director, Fuel Cycle & Materials Laboratory
Professor, Texas A&M University, Department of Nuclear Engineering
Suzanne Jaworowski – Technology
Former Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Nuclear Energy
Newly assigned Consultant to the Director General, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
Chair, International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation (IFNEC)
Shayla Rivera – Success Skills
Texas A&M University Professor of Practice
Director of ENGR[x]